Position Statement on Transparency
NPCE believes that transparency of a non-profit specialized network lies primarily:
- in its mission and values,
- in the legitimacy of its membership base,
- in its governance practices,
- its internal and public policy practices.
The transparency of a non-profit specialized network also lies in:
- the transparency of its financial information,
- the transparency of its financial relationships with funding sources, both public and private,
- the internal and external financial control by independent audits,
- the transparency of its financial relationships with commercial companies,
- the prevention of potential conflicts of interest, both public and private.
In all of its activities NPCE respects and promotes the fundamental value of transparency, by following the principles of legitimacy, credibility, independence, responsibility, and accountability.
NPCE sources of funding
It has to be highlighted that the exclusive source of sustainment of NPCE is its members themselves, who give their direct support to the activities of NPCE.
NPCE has an agreed policy not to accept funding from the pharmaceutical industry for any of its activities, including meetings and conferences. This is to prevent any potential conflict of interest.